Day 13 of Lent
We hope you had a great weekend. Thank you for joining us today. Please come back tomorrow as we will be having a Lenten reflection everyday. If you missed a day, you can find the archives here.
TODAY’S BIBLE VERSE:
SO THEY ARE NO LONGER 2 BUT 1 FLESH.WHAT THEREFORE GOD HAS JOINED TOGETHER, LET NOT MAN PUT ASUNDER.
This Bible verse needs to sink in a little bit. God blatantly says that He does not give the right for man to separate what God has joined together in Marriage. So when the Catholic Church says they won’t allow divorce and remarriage, it’s not that She (the Catholic Church) is being harsh, behind the times, or unreasonable. It’s because God did not give her the authority to do so and the Church is following the will of God.
Another obvious issue, is the lack of society’s understanding of the institute of marriage. Society will tell you that marriage is the fireworks that go off when you see your beloved. That marriage brings you happiness, completes you, and makes you whole. And as there is some truth to this, it is only scratching the surface.
In the end you get married for really only 2 reasons: to become, and to make a saint. St. Basil is quoted saying, “If you live alone, whose feet will you wash?”. Marriage is a stunningly exclusive call to a sacramentalized foot washing, a lovely ego-slaying martyrdom that crowns its victims in a most intimate way with this unshakable truth: the unseen Christ is only to be had, and known, in loving the other whom we can see, and by loving them unto death.
When you get married your sacramental vocation is not to be married to your spouse. You sacramental vocation is your spouse.
Indeed, love, like God himself, shatter all of the restricted categories we try to confine it to… but only if we consent to its power; and sacramental marriage is one of God’s greatest gifts capable of translating us from the over-used word, “love” – to a real, a generous love capax Dei, ‘capable of God’
And that is why the Catholic Church or anyone else doesn’t have the power to separate what God has joined together.
IDEAS TO HELP YOU MEMORIZE BIBLE VERSES EACH DAY:
- ASK FOR THE GRACE TO REMEMBER THE VERSE THROUGHOUT THE DAY.
- ASK YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL TO HELP YOU REMEMBER THE BIBLE VERSE THROUGHOUT THE DAY
- BEFORE UNLOCKING YOUR PHONE OR SENDING A TEXT MESSAGE, EACH TIME REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
- BEFORE SENDING AN EMAIL OUT, REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
- WHILE BRUSHING YOUR TEETH IN THE MORNING AND AT NIGHT, REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
- EACH TIME YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, BEFORE YOU START IT, REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
- BEFORE PRAYER BEFORE MEALS WITH YOUR FAMILY, REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
- SEND THE BIBLE VERSE TO YOUR SPOUSE, KIDS, OR FAMILY THROUGHOUT THE DAY AS A REMINDER.
- START EACH PRAYER THROUGHOUT THE DAY WITH THE BIBLE VERSE.
- EACH TIME YOU WALK THROUGH A DOORWAY, REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
PLEASE HELP US BY SHARING THIS WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!
WE WILL BE HAVING A REFLECTION EACH DAY, SO PLEASE COME BACK TOMORROW!