Day 29 of Lent
Thank you for joining us today!
Today’s bible verse is a good piggy-back to Day 27’s reflection. (Click here to read Day 27)
TODAY’S BIBLE VERSE:
TO HIM WHO CONQUERS I WILL GIVE SOME OF THE HIDDEN MANNA
This is a reflection from St. Thomas More on this verse:
And yet, whereas such the joys of heaven that are prepared for every saved soul, our Lord says yet, by the mouth of St. John, that he will give his holy martyrs who suffer for his sake many a special kind of joy. For he says, “To him that overcomes, I shall give him to eat of the tree of life. And i shall confess his name before my Father and before his angels.” And also he says, “Fear none of those things that you shall suffer… but be faithful unto the death, and I shall give thee the crown of life. He that overcomes shall not be hurt of the second death.” And he says also, “To him that conquers will I give manna secret and hid.” If we wished to enlarge upon this, and were able to declare these special gifts, with yet others then would it appear how far those heavenly joys shall surmount above all the comfort that ever came in the mind of any man living here upon earth.
Let’s pray together:
St. Thomas More, when you wrote of conquering fear, you were trying to encourage Catholics to risk martyrdom in defense of the Faith. In our times, even if we are not called to risk our lives, we still have to conquer other fears. How fearful we can be of painful, disabling illness; of the effects of economic recession; or of abandonment by those dear to us. St. Thomas More, please intercede for us that faith in Christ’s promise of heavenly “manna” can keep us from succumbing to such fears. Amen
IDEAS TO HELP YOU MEMORIZE BIBLE VERSES EACH DAY:
- ASK FOR THE GRACE TO REMEMBER THE VERSE THROUGHOUT THE DAY.
- ASK YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL TO HELP YOU REMEMBER THE BIBLE VERSE THROUGHOUT THE DAY
- BEFORE UNLOCKING YOUR PHONE OR SENDING A TEXT MESSAGE, EACH TIME REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
- BEFORE SENDING AN EMAIL OUT, REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
- WHILE BRUSHING YOUR TEETH IN THE MORNING AND AT NIGHT, REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
- EACH TIME YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, BEFORE YOU START IT, REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
- BEFORE PRAYER BEFORE MEALS WITH YOUR FAMILY, REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
- SEND THE BIBLE VERSE TO YOUR SPOUSE, KIDS, OR FAMILY THROUGHOUT THE DAY AS A REMINDER.
- START EACH PRAYER THROUGHOUT THE DAY WITH THE BIBLE VERSE.
- EACH TIME YOU WALK THROUGH A DOORWAY, REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
PLEASE HELP US BY SHARING THIS WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!
WE WILL BE HAVING A REFLECTION EACH DAY, SO PLEASE COME BACK ON TOMMOROW!