Day 24 of Lent
Thank you for joining us today!
TODAY’S BIBLE VERSE:
FROM THAT TIME JESUS BEGAN TO PREACH, SAYING, “REPENT, FOR THE KINGDOM OF HEAVEN IS AT HAND.”
Jesus began not to preach until St. John had announced his coming to the world, that the dignity of his sacred person might be manifested, and the incredulous Jews be without excuse. He did not begin to preach until St. John was cast into prison, that the people might not be divided.
Both men, Jesus and St. John the Baptist, had different tactics of how to bring people to repentance. St. John menaced evil, and held out a promise of good, but the good or evil was temporal. St. John begins his exhortations with the threat of eternal punishments – but Christ sweetens the hardships of penance by reminding us of the reward. “The Kingdom of heaven is at hand”.
Jesus wished not only to prove that the establishment of his religion was heavenly, but also to humble the pride of man; and therefore he did not choose philosophers or teachers, but fishermen. St Jerome said, “Cyprian, the eloquent orator, was called to the priesthood; but before him was Peter, the fisherman.
Regardless of your profession and regardless of your theological/philosophical background, we are all called to repentance. The mighty work of what God can accomplish with a repentant soul is incalculable…. look at what He did with the sinful fisherman Peter. The rock!
Many parishes are having their penance rite this week. I encourage you to attend and repent of your sins… for this kingdom of heaven is at hand!
IDEAS TO HELP YOU MEMORIZE BIBLE VERSES EACH DAY:
- ASK FOR THE GRACE TO REMEMBER THE VERSE THROUGHOUT THE DAY.
- ASK YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL TO HELP YOU REMEMBER THE BIBLE VERSE THROUGHOUT THE DAY
- BEFORE UNLOCKING YOUR PHONE OR SENDING A TEXT MESSAGE, EACH TIME REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
- BEFORE SENDING AN EMAIL OUT, REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
- WHILE BRUSHING YOUR TEETH IN THE MORNING AND AT NIGHT, REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
- EACH TIME YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, BEFORE YOU START IT, REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
- BEFORE PRAYER BEFORE MEALS WITH YOUR FAMILY, REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
- SEND THE BIBLE VERSE TO YOUR SPOUSE, KIDS, OR FAMILY THROUGHOUT THE DAY AS A REMINDER.
- START EACH PRAYER THROUGHOUT THE DAY WITH THE BIBLE VERSE.
- EACH TIME YOU WALK THROUGH A DOORWAY, REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
PLEASE HELP US BY SHARING THIS WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!
WE WILL BE HAVING A REFLECTION EACH DAY, SO PLEASE COME BACK ON TOMMOROW!
Catholic Encounters with Jeff Gallant Episode 061 – Sr. Rosemary – Sewing Hope. St. Michael…Read More
Catholic Encounters with Jeff Gallant Episode 060 – Sierra – from performer to daughter of…Read More