Day 16 of Lent
Thank you for joining us today.
TODAY’S BIBLE VERSE:
1 CORINTHIANS 6:19
Do you not know that your body is a temple of the Holy Spirit within you, which you have from God? You are not your own;
In our Gospel, Jesus chases the merchants and the money-changers from the temple. Jesus was outraged that the temple was being used as a marketplace where people could buy things to offer to God. Jesus compares His body to the temple, stating that His temple would be destroyed and rebuilt in three days.
What about our temple? Our body is also a temple. Our soul, which gives us life, gives our body sacred character. We live our lives to give glory, praise, and honor to our God. Is our body and our mind the temple it should be? Do we have merchants or money-changers in the form of addictive behaviors, bad habits, or grudges against people? Now is the time to clean out your temple!
Go to confession to ‘clean out’ your soul and get into a right relationship with God. Also take care of your body: lose weight, stop smoking, get enough rest, and exercise. Be a good caretaker of your temple in preparation of the Easter celebration.
IDEAS TO HELP YOU MEMORIZE BIBLE VERSES EACH DAY:
- ASK FOR THE GRACE TO REMEMBER THE VERSE THROUGHOUT THE DAY.
- ASK YOUR GUARDIAN ANGEL TO HELP YOU REMEMBER THE BIBLE VERSE THROUGHOUT THE DAY
- BEFORE UNLOCKING YOUR PHONE OR SENDING A TEXT MESSAGE, EACH TIME REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
- BEFORE SENDING AN EMAIL OUT, REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
- WHILE BRUSHING YOUR TEETH IN THE MORNING AND AT NIGHT, REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
- EACH TIME YOU GET INTO YOUR CAR, BEFORE YOU START IT, REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
- BEFORE PRAYER BEFORE MEALS WITH YOUR FAMILY, REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
- SEND THE BIBLE VERSE TO YOUR SPOUSE, KIDS, OR FAMILY THROUGHOUT THE DAY AS A REMINDER.
- START EACH PRAYER THROUGHOUT THE DAY WITH THE BIBLE VERSE.
- EACH TIME YOU WALK THROUGH A DOORWAY, REPEAT THE BIBLE VERSE.
PLEASE HELP US BY SHARING THIS WITH YOUR FAMILY AND FRIENDS!
WE WILL BE HAVING A REFLECTION EACH DAY, SO PLEASE COME BACK TOMORROW!