A Very Manly Prayer – Auxilium Christianorum
Auxilium Christianorum Prayer
Principal Aims of the Association
1. To provide prayer for priests associated with Auxilium Christianorum so that their apostolate in driving out demons is efficacious.
2. To provide prayers for the members – priests, laity, family and friends – so that they are not adversely affected by the demonic.
About the Auxilium Christianorum:
The Church teaches us that it is divided into the Church Triumphant (which includes the members of the Church in heaven), the Church Suffering (this includes the members of the Church in purgatory), and the Church Militant (this refers to those members of the Church who are alive in this world). Because we are part of the Church Militant, we are in a spiritual warfare and this spiritual warfare requires that we recognize, as Saint Paul teaches us “For our wrestling is not against flesh and blood; but against principalities and powers, against the rulers of the world of this darkness, against the spirits of wickedness in the high places.” (Ephesians 6:12)
The members of the Auxilium Christianorum should always bear in mind the reality of our state as members of the Church living in this world. Despite St. Paul’s teaching, many Catholics do not take seriously their obligation to wage war against the demonic forces. It is for this reason the Association of the Auxilium Christianorum was founded.
1. Prior to becoming a member of the Auxilium Christianorum, the layman is strongly exhorted to consult his spiritual director or confessor.
2. They are to seek to lead a habitual life of sanctifying grace, always desiring never to fall into the state of mortal sin and to avoid all intentional venial sin.
3. The members are to continually seek to increase and to perfect their life of prayer which includes not only the vocal prayers which are required (see Prayers section) but also a consistent life of meditation which is very effective in driving out the demonic and avoiding demonic oppression.
4. To pray the rosary daily. The intention of the rosary may be for any intention and does not have to be offered for the aims of the Auxilium Christianorum.
5. The members are to fulfill the daily vocal prayer requirements, having as their intention the principal aims of this Association. The members are to make frequent use of the sacramentals known to ward off and drive out the demonic.
6. The members are to strive to keep the words of Saint Paul in their hearts that since we fight against principalities and powers, i.e. against the demonic, they are to strive for meekness and humility in relationship to their neighbor, never striking out in anger or vindication but seeking to root out any demonic influence according to their state in life. This involves using binding prayers according to authentic Catholic principle and to avoid any form of superstition, whether that is in the daily living of their lives or when they engage in battle against the evil spirits. This means that their use of the Association prayers, or any prayers to drive out the demonic, will always be subordinate to authentic Catholic principle and always be done with devotion and faith.
7. The members must strive to increase their devotion to Our Lady under the title of Virgo Potens(Virgin Most Powerful).
8. Each member must strive to increase his devotion to his Guardian Angel.
9. When it is financially possible, each member of the Auxilium Christianorum is to keep a statue of Our Lady and Saint Michael in his home, before which a votive candle is to be burned.
10. The members of the association should be aware that none of these requirements bind under the pain of sin.
Catholic Encounters with Jeff Gallant Episode 061 – Sr. Rosemary – Sewing Hope. St. Michael…Read More
Catholic Encounters with Jeff Gallant Episode 060 – Sierra – from performer to daughter of…Read More